Friday, December 19, 2008

How to get what you want

Sometimes the easiest way to get what you are after is simply to ask for it.

I recently posted an ad stating that I wanted a woman of a very specific physical type. As usual, I received quite a few responses. Many were from women who did not meet my standards and only three of them actually did. As I have stated before, my response rate is pretty high. I get about 10-15 emails per day and that is not counting spam. Fortunately my filters do a lot of the work for me. I am convinced that my writing style is one of the main reasons for the success of my ads. I routinely get compliments on how well written, funny, and unique my posts are. You must stand out in the crowd as there are thousands of guys using the personals. That's a lot of competition. Unfortunately for them, a lack of experience, low self esteem, or bruised ego often causes them to miss out on a lot of opportunities.

Back to the subject. One response in particular got my attention. To make a long story short, I had described this person's type so well that not only did she send me some very attractive pictures of herself, but her phone number also without ever even knowing what I look like. I called her and she insisted on meeting me as soon as possible, which ended up being about an hour and a half later. We met for drinks and what happened afterward I will leave to your imagination because I am not interested in writing Penthouse Forum articles. Let's just say that I did not get any sleep that night. It was a very long day after at work but well worth the sacrifice.

Try it! Figure out exactly what you want in a woman. Use your best grammar and describe her. Don't be crude. Be eloquent. Be risque. But don't make yourself sound like all of the other desperate guys.